The authorization of works manager authorizes the holder to perform functions corresponding to actions on blocked track, according to valid standards on rail traffic safety, and to control and, where appropriate, direct the works performed on railway infrastructure or in its vicinity, controlling traffic safety pilots in their duties of infrastructure surveillance and works protection linked to traffic safety. In every case, the approval will specify the functions corresponding to actions or expertise in question, which may be infrastructure and track; electrification; signaling; or telecommunications; or any other as set by the General Directorate of Railway Infrastructure upon proposal of the Railway Infrastructure Manager.
a) Be over eighteen years of age.
b) Have a bachelor’s degree or a vocational training technical qualification or equivalent for labor purposes or, failing that, prove a professional experience of at least four years as a safety pilot.
c) For applicants whose native language is not Spanish, prove sufficient knowledge of Spanish for an adequate follow-up of the training process. Aforementioned accreditation shall be done through a certificate issued by a language center officially recognized by the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport. Approved training centers may, for the exclusive purposes of admission, perform linguistic assessment tests to applicants.
d) Accredit, by means of a medical fitness certificate issued by an approved recognition center, the conditions included in Annex II to Order FOM/2872/2010, of 5 November.
Documentation to be delivered:
- Application for registration fulfilled, and signed.
- Photocopy of the valid Identity Card/ Resident card of the worker.
- 1 passport-size photograph.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree for employment purposes or, failing that, experience certificate of more than four years as Traffic Safety.
- Medical Fitness Certificate as Fit issued by a center approved by the State Agency for Railways Safety.
- Certificate of the applying company that employs the worker
- In the case of foreigners, provide a certificate from a language center recognized by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport that certifies sufficient knowledge of Spanish.