The authorization of traffic assistant enables the holder – in accordance with the orders of the signalman – to perform certain tasks at terminals and railway stations, such as activation of switches and barriers of level crossings, shunting and other supplementary tasks.
a) Be over eighteen years of age.
b) Be, at least, a Secondary Education Graduate or have an equivalent qualification for labor purposes.
c) For any interested person whose native language is not Spanish, prove sufficient knowledge of Spanish to allow the applicant for an adequate follow-up of the training process. Aforementioned accreditation shall be done through a certificate issued by a language center officially recognized by the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport. Approved training centers may, for the exclusive purposes of admission, perform linguistic assessment tests to applicants.
d) Accredit, by means of a medical fitness certificate issued by an approved recognition center, the conditions included in Annex I to Order FOM/2872/2010, of 5 November.
Documentation to be delivered:
- Application for registration fulfilled and signed.
- Photocopy of a valid Identity Card/ Resident card of the worker.
- 1 passport-size photograph.
- Graduate degree in Secondary Education or equivalent qualification for employment purposes (PDF).
- Medical Fitness Certificate as Fit issued by a center approved by the State Agency for Railways Safety.
- Certificate of the applying company that employs the worker
- In the case of foreigners, provide a certificate from a language center recognized by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport that certifies sufficient knowledge of Spanish