Shunting Vehicle Operator
The qualification of vehicle shunting operator authorizes to perform – within the limit of the so-called shunting area at freight terminals and stations in the General Interest Railway Network as set by valid railway standards on traffic safety – displacement and handling of rail vehicles on their tracks, in operations associated with train shunting, marshaling, and withdrawal or supply of rolling stock to special derivations, technical treatment centers or maintenance centers of railway stock. In any case, if handling the corresponding vehicles requires leaving the safety area to perform shunting, the holder of this qualification shall need a driving license.
- Be over 18 years old.
- Have, at least, a Secondary Education Graduate Certificate or an equivalent qualification for labor purposes.
- For any interested person whose native language is not Spanish, prove sufficient knowledge of Spanish through a certificate issued by a language center officially recognized by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport. As a minimum, it is required to hold the certificate of linguistic competence of level B1.
- Hold the corresponding certificate of medical fitness, issued by an approved center for medical examination of railway personnel, according to Annex III to Order FOM/2872/2010, of 5 November.
Documentation to be delivered:
- Application for registration fulfilled and signed.
- Photocopy of a valid Identity Card/ Resident card of the worker.
- 1 passport size photograph.
- Have a valid Secondary Education Graduate Degree in Compulsory, or equivalent qualification for labor purposes.
- Medical Fitness Certificate as Fit issued by an approved center for medical examination.
- Certificate of the applying company that employs the worker
- In the case of foreigners, provide a certificate from a language center recognized by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport that certifies sufficient knowledge of Spanish.
- Work parameters of the environment of the certificate.
- Vehicle know-how certificate, as well as the brand, model and UIC number of the vehicle.