- The driver that drives on the General Interest Rail Network shall hold, apart from the driver license, the relevant certificate (s) indicating the infrastructures whereon the driver is authorized to drive and the type (s) of rolling stock that he/she is authorized to use.
- The certificates shall be issued by the railway undertaking or by the infrastructure manager that employs the driver.
- Without prejudice to an issuance to its holder, the certificate shall not be of personal nature, but shall pertain to the issuing entity, and shall so end its validity upon maturity of the professional relationship with the railway undertaking.
Condiciones para acceder a la formación que permite obtener los certificador de conducción:
- Have a driver’s license issued by a EU Member State.
- For any interested person whose native language is not Spanish, prove sufficient knowledge of Spanish that allows the applicant for an adequate follow-up of the training process
Driver certificates are documents issued in accordance with Order FOM/2872/2010 and shall include the infrastructures whereon the holder is authorized to drive, as well as authorized rolling stock types.
Certificates shall be issued by the railway undertaking or by the infrastructure manager who employs the driver.
- Certificate A: It authorizes to drive vehicles and shunting locomotives; work trains at a maximum speed of 60 km/h and to a maximum distance of 140 km from the base to the work area and viceversa; railway vehicles used for maintenance and construction of railway infrastructure; and locomotives when used for shunting activities.
- Certificate B: It authorizes to drive trains to transport passengers and/or freight and whatever collected in Category A.
- Hold a driver’s license (issued by a EU member state).
- For any interested person whose native language is not Spanish, prove sufficient knowledge of Spanish to allow the applicant for an adequate follow-up of the training process.