The approval of the traffic safety pilot authorizes the holder to perform infrastructure monitoring and work protection duties related to safety in railway traffic, as well as level crossings monitoring.
In addition to the approval with a basic general scope, and in accordance with article 220.127.116.11, Rail Sector Act, a safety pilot approval is awarded, with additional scope for coordinating on-track works. It authorizes the holder to perform general scope duties and, in addition, to arrange with the signalman duties with a technological content, that require their control, direction and supervision by expert personnel who guarantee their quality and consistency and who certify the completion of the work and conditions wherein tracks and facilities are left before resuming train traffic.
a) Be over eighteen years of age.
b) Be, at least, a Secondary Education Graduate or have equivalent qualification for labor purposes.
c) For applicants whose native language is not Spanish, prove sufficient knowledge of Spanish for an adequate follow-up of the training process. Aforementioned accreditation shall be done through a certificate issued by a language center officially recognized by the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport. Approved training centers may, for the exclusive purposes of admission, perform linguistic assessment tests to applicants.
d) Accredit, by means of a medical fitness certificate issued by an approved recognition center, the conditions included in Annex II to Order FOM/2872/2010, of 5 November.
Documentation to be delivered:
- Application for registration fulfilled and signed.
- Photocopy of a valid Identity Card/ Resident card of the worker.
- 1 passport-size photograph.
- Graduate degree in Secondary Education or equivalent qualification for employment purposes.
- Medical Fitness Certificate as Fit issued by an approved center for medical examination.
- Certificate of the applying company that employs the worker
- In the case of foreigners, provide a certificate from a language center recognized by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport that certifies sufficient knowledge of Spanish.