TSI imposes contrast verification on:
- Thresholds less than 2.5 cm high
- Bands on first and last steps of stairs
- Walking surface indicators
- Furniture and free-standing devices
- Text, symbols and pictograms with visual information (self-contrast)
- Visual signal on platforms at danger area limits
- Platform ramps (ends and signals)
- Platform lifts (signals)
B) ROLLING STOCK
- Handholds contrast to the seat
- Handrails contrast to the vehicle interior surroundings
- Door opening devices contrast to the surface on which they are mounted
- Exterior passenger doorways contrast to the vehicle body-side surrounding
- Interior floor of the vehicle facing the doorways
- Visual information with its background
- Individual identification of every seat with its background (seat numbering)
- Contrast band on the first and last step
- Call for aid devices with their background
- Control devices, including flushing system, handrails, toilet seat and lid, at on-board toilets
- Call for aid devices in toilets
- On-board ramps (ends and signals)
- On-board lifts (signals)
GROUND REFLECTANCE TEST
Lighting on platforms and in rolling stock is a first-category parameter, according to standards EN 12464-2:2014 and EN 12464-1:2011 for platforms, and to standard EN 13272:2012 for rolling stock.
Other spaces where lighting shall be assessed, i.e. station outdoor areas and obstacle-free routes, especially slopes, offices, ticket vending machines, information counters and information screens, shall be governed by the standard defined by the Infrastructure Manager, as this is a second category parameter. Emergency lighting is also a second category parameter.
In rolling stock, the lighting should be checked in areas intended for passengers.
Measuring illuminance, as second category parameter, is done in accordance with ISO 21542: 2011 and EN 1838:2013. For measurements, Cetren has a corrected luxmeter in photopia spectral sensitivity V (λ) and in cosine, in accordance with standard requirements.
Intelligibility of the information spoken through public address systems is a first-category parameter, and is governed by standard EN 60268-16: 2011 in Annex B, relating to STI-PA (Speech Transmission Index for Public Address Systems). PRM TSI Regulation No. 1300/2014 EU of 18 November, requires a minimum level of STI-PA of 0.45 at seat and wheelchair spaces in rolling stock, as well as at interest points of stations and platforms.
For STI-PA measurements, Cetren has a two-channel class 1 sound meter, in accordance with Welmec Guide, and a class 1 calibrator. The sound level meter has frequency spectral analysis applications in 1/1 and 1/3 octave, tonal analysis, audio recording and record of sound level temporal evolution. In addition, Cetren has sound measurement and analysis software that automatically synchronizes with its Echo Speech sound source, reproducing the STI-PA test signal according to standard requirements.