WHO WE ARE
CETREN, as expert in providing services to the railway sector, has more than 40 years of experience in promoting and certifying quality in this sector.
Our experience and exclusive dedication to railways, as well as a high level of expertise and know-how of our staff, allows us to offer global solutions for certification.
CETREN is also the first private center expert in railway personnel certificates (2872/2010 FOM Order), as approved by the National Safety Agency under the Ministry of Public Works since year 2007.
We have a team of professional teaching staff with a wide experience in the rail sector; and we are deeply committed to quality and thorough training.
WHAT WE DO
The Asociación de Acción Ferroviaria, CETREN, was set up in 1980 as a private non-profit entity. It is an Entity that provides services to the railway sector.
CETREN is a third-party certification body, independent, impartial and technically competent in every rail sector field.
CETREN is a third-party certification body, independent, impartial and technically competent within every rail sector field:
- Rolling Stock
- Control, Command and Signalling
INDEPENDENT SAFETY ASSESSOR (ISA)
CETREN performs evaluation and risk assessment activities in accordance with EU Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 402/2013, of 30 April 2013 on the adoption of a common safety method for risk evaluation and assessment and (EU) Commission Regulation 2015/1136 of 13 July 2015 amending Regulation (EU) No 402/2013, afore mentioned.
It also performs independent assessment of safety projects for railway applications in accordance with the following standards:
- UNE-EN 50126:2005 and UNE-EN 50126:2018. Railway applications. The specification and demonstration of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS).
- UNE-EN 50128:2012. Railway applications. Communication, signalling and processing systems. Software for railway control and protection systems.
- UNE-EN 50129:2005 and UNE-EN 50129:2020. Railway applications. Communication, signalling and processing systems. Safety related electronic systems for signalling.
CETREN is a Notified Body by the Spanish Government to the European Commission and other Member States of the European Union to perform EC verification of subsystems and assessment of conformity or suitability for use of interoperability constituents according to Directive (EU) 2016/797 of 11 May 2016, on the interoperability of the rail system within the European Union; transposed into Spanish legal system by RD 929/2020 of 27th October 2020, on operational safety and railway interoperability.
CETREN is Designated Body to carry out the verification procedure with respect to the notified national standards as foreseen in Directive (EU) 2016/797 of 11 May 2016, on the interoperability of the railway system within the European Union.
It performs this activity through the assessment of Spanish technical standards included in “Circular Resolution 2/2017 of the National Safety Agency, on Technical Standards for Interoperability of Infrastructure, Energy, Persons with Reduced Mobility and Control, Command and Signalling, and bodies in charge of their verification”; and in Circular Resolution 2/2019, amending it.
In the field of rolling stock, according to technical specification for the type – approval, Order TMA/576/2020 of 20 July 2020, approving the Railway Instruction: Technical specifications of railway rolling stock for putting into service of self-propelled units, locomotives and carriages (IF MR ALC-20); and the technical specifications for rolling stock of metric gauge (ETM).
CETREN has got the technical means needed to perform the testing required by the Technical Specifications for Interoperability persons with disabilities and persons with reduced mobility (Commission Regulation (EU) n. 1300/2014, of 18 November, TSI PRM), as well as a wide variety of acoustic tests.
- CETREN offers different tests:
- Contrast testing.
- Ground reflectance test.
- Lighting test.
- STI – PA test.
- Acoustic tests.
CETREN has the following accreditations from the National Entity of Accreditation, ENAC:
- Accreditation 09/C-PR010.01, issued according to the criteria of UNE-EN ISO/IEC 17065:2012, in the scope of rail sector certification.
- Accreditation 325/EI545, issued according to the criteria of UNE-EN ISO/IEC 17020:2012, in the scope of inspection (type A) in the rail sector.
(To check the status and scope of these accreditations please visit ENAC website: www.enac.es)
Our outstanding projects:
- Certification EC high speed line Madrid – Barcelona – French Border, subsystems Infrastructure, Energy and CCS.
- Certification EC high speed line Madrid – Valencia, subsystems Infrastructure, Energy and CCS.
- Certification EC high speed line Antequera – Granada, subsystems Infrastructure, Energy and CCS.
- Certification EC high speed line Madrid – Valladolid, subsystems Infrastructure, Energy and CCS.
- Certification EC Huelva Station.
- Certification EC S – 105, train property of CAF.
ACCREDITATIONS AND RELATIONS WITH OTHER BODIES AND ENTITIES