CETREN is a Notified Body by the Spanish State to the European Commission and other European Union Member States, to perform “CE” verification of subsystems and assessment of the conformity or suitability to use Interoperability constituents under Directive 2008/57/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 1 June 2008 on interoperability of the rail system in the Community.
CETREN is a Designated Body:
- In order to perform verification and conformity assessment procedures set in Article 2 under Commission decisions regarding the adoption of interoperability technical specifications, referring to Spanish standards that relate to aspects that are not described in the TSI, but are common to high-speed and conventional rail systems, in Infrastructure, Energy, Rolling Stock and Control, Command and Signaling. (TSI notified with numbers C (2002) 1947, 1948, 1949 and 1952, OJEC L/245 of 12/9/2002).
- In the field of rolling stock, in accordance with Order FOM/167/2015, of 6 February, which governs the conditions for structural subsystems, lines and rail vehicles to enter into service.
- To assess Spanish technical standards included in “Circular Resolution 2/2017 of the State Agency for Railway Safety, on Technical Standards on Interoperability of Infrastructure, Energy, People with Reduced Mobility and Control, Command and Signaling, and bodies in charge of their verification; and in Circular Resolution 2/2019, amending it.
- Rolling Stock
- Control, Command and Signaling
INDEPENDENT SAFETY ASSESSOR (ISA)
It likewise performs activities of independent safety project assessment of railway applications in accordance with the following standards:
- UNE-EN 50126:2005. Railway applications. Specification and proof of reliability, availability, maintainability and safety (RAMS).
- UNE-EN 50128:2012. Railway applications. Communication, signaling and processing systems. Software for railway control and protection systems.
- UNE-EN 50129:2005. Railway applications. Communication, signaling and processing systems. Electronic systems related to safety for signaling.
VALID CERTIFICATES ISSUED BY CETREN
Any user of a product certified by CETREN or a third party interested in it, can inform us of any defect or anomaly in it, by contacting CETREN by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post mail (CETREN, C / Paseo de la Castellana nº 91 – 28046 – Madrid).